Get Started on Your CPSD Journey
We Can Help You Achieve Success
Making a commitment to getting certified is a big deal, but you don’t have to take that journey alone. ISM offers exam preparation material and support to help you through your certification journey. In addition, we want to help encourage and support you to achieve your end goal through helpful study tip communications as well as accessing a community of CPSDs in our LinkedIn group to offer their advice and inspiration. You are never alone on this journey. Let us help you get started.
Step 1: Know the Criteria (Eligibility Requirements)
You will need the following professional experience and/or education:
- Three years professional (non-clerical, nonsupport) or supply management experience and have a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university, -OR-
- Five years of professional (non-clerical, nonsupport) supplier diversity or supply management experience (which does not need to be your primary function)
Step 2: Get Help Preparing for Exams
There are two exams to prepare for with the CPSD. They include:
- Supply Management Core (180 Questions — 3 hours)
- Essentials in Supplier Diversity — CPSD Exam 2 (150 Questions –2 hours 45 minutes)
We offer a self-study CPSD Learning System, where you can study at your own pace for the Supply Management Core and Essentials in Supplier Diversity Exams. This digital learning system provides study reading material and practice exams. For candidates who hold an active CPSM or C.P.M., you only need to study for and take the Essentials in Supplier Diversity Exam, as you took the Supply Management Core Exam while earning your CPSM or C.P.M. certification.
If you hold an active CPSM or C.P.M., select the Essentials in Supplier Diversity Learning System. If you do not hold an active CPSM of C.P.M., select the CPSD Learning System.
2022 Exam Specification Preparation
2010 Exam Specification Preparation
The last day to take the current Essentials in Supplier Diversity Exam is October 26, 2022 and should be scheduled in advance. Contact Member Services at email@example.com or +1 480-752-6276 with any questions about this exam.
Step 3: You’re Ready! Now Purchase and Schedule Your Exams
You are prepared and now it’s time to purchase and schedule your exam. Exam testing facilities are located throughout the world or we offer proctored exam options that you can take from the comfort of your own home.
Supply Management Core exam available in English, Chinese or Korean.
Essentials in Supplier Diversity exam available in English.
To schedule your exam, go to our partner, PeasonVue’s website at: https://home.pearsonvue.com/ism
Step 4: You Passed! Submit Your Application
You completed the toughest part. Congratulations! Now it is time to complete and submit your application. Here are the items you will need to complete and process your certification application:
- Proof of education (Copy of diploma, transcripts)
- Work background/experience
- Complete and pass all required exams
- Payment information for processing fee